Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 200-300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
An area of concern in healthcare today is the ability of individuals to access care. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has developed many initiatives that tie reimbursement for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries to better quality of care and access to it.
For your discussion board post, include the following:
- Discuss the barriers that patients experience when accessing health care resources.
- Why do barriers continue to exist when it comes to access and equal health care?
- Give an example of something a hospital could do to improve access to care for its community?
Include 2 reference sources, besides the textbook, and be sure to document your references using APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.