A Lifetime of Nourishment
As noted in the textbook, “Of the leading causes of death listed in Table 1-1, four – heart disease, cancers, strokes, and diabetes – are directly related to nutrition, and another – accidents- is related to drinking alcohol” (Sizer & Whitney, 2017, p. 3). Expanding on the information from the quote above, please provide a comprehensive response to the following statements:
- Analyze why nutrition is important and how it impacts physical and mental health as well as increases our risk for disease if inadequate diets are consumed.
- Distinguish the six classes of nutrients and explain how they individually and collectively help us to maintain our health status.
- Discuss the five characteristics of a healthy diet and provide a dietary example for each.
- Explain how nutrition is a science and how the scientific method is used in this field.
- Summarize the four different types of studies (case, epidemiological, intervention, and laboratory studies) and explain the use of research in the development of dietary guidelines.
- Appraise the six stages of behavior change and provide a diet-related example for each of the stages.
This assignment must be a minimum of three pages in length (excluding title and references pages) in APA format as outlined in the Use subheadings to help organize your paper. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources, in addition to the course text, cited according to APA format as outlined in the. At least one of your sources