American Public Dysfunctional Relationships Annotated Bibliography
Goal: The goal of this assignment is to create an annotated bibliography that includes scholarly sources in preparation for the course research paper.
Course Objective(s): CO 1
To prepare for your week seven research paper, you will complete the following introductory assignment. First, choose a topic from the list below. You will be turning in an outline and an annotated bibliography (see attached templates including both) of five scholarly sources (your textbook should be used a source but is not to be included in this initial bibliography).
The outline template is attached below these details.
Guidelines for annotated bibliography:
- The annotated bibliography consists of two elements:
- Citation in current APA style format
- A brief paragraph about the source
- The annotation will follow the citation on the next line. There is not an extra space—double spacing is used throughout.
- An annotation is different from an abstract. It should have several sentences summarizing the main points or ideas found in the item. It should then include your own statement evaluating the quality of the item and/or relating the item to your own research topic.
- Here is a link to a video about annotated bibliographies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Hsnx0l1q4
- Dissolution of Relationships
- Nonverbal versus verbal communication in relationships
- The Obsessive Love Wheel
- Power in relationships
- Social Cognition
- Attributes of Friendship
- Attachment styles
- Gender differences in communication
- Perception in relationships
- Dark side or dysfunctional relational communication behaviors (deception, verbal aggression, hurtful messages, betrayal, defensiveness, etc.)
- Workplace relationships