Assignment: Quality Nursing (Part 1 of 3)3-page paper with 2 references APA style
Nurses use Quality Indicators (QIs) for several purposes. QIs highlight potential quality concerns, identify areas that need further study and investigation, and track changes over time. Current Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) QIs include Prevention Quality Indicators, Inpatient Quality Indicators, Patient Safety Indicators, and Pediatric Quality Indicators (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, n.d.).
Identify and describe one QI. Think about the ways in which following and measuring this crucial health data improve effectiveness and efficiency in your nursing practice.
In subsequent weeks, you will continue working in this substantive area.
- Choose a QI related to a nursing topic of interest to you. Include any points that relate your selected topic to the journey ahead in your nursing career.
- Find two articles to support your scholarly opinion in your paper.
- Draft a 2- to 3-page paper to describe your selected QI in general, and then describe how this QI has the potential to improve the quality, safety, and outcomes of your patients and their families.
- Describe the current data available and leadership’s goal for improvement.
- Draft a solution using 2 sources from professional and scholarly literature to support your proposal APA style