Finish two assignments
Assignment #1: Utilize the PowerPoint on the Website (Lecture 3) and do some independent research. Write a one page minimum summary explaining the differences in the way Native Americans and the European Settlers who moved west viewed and used resources. What resources did they use? How did their view of resources use differ? Explain each viewpoint in detail. Why do you believe their viewpoints were different?
Lecture 3 supported videos : Video#1, Video#2
Assignment #2: Watch both of the videos on the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. As you learned in the lecture slides there are 3 types of Federally protected lands. The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) is a classic case study in land that can be used for multiple purposes. Sometime those purposes conflict with each other. This is the case with ANWR.
Since the OPEC Oil Embargo in the late 1970’s ANWR has been a subject of debate regarding oil drilling. Should we drill for oil or not? In my live classes, we debate this issue as a class. That will be difficult to do for an online education class like this one.
I want you to look at the issues associated with drilling for oil in this wildlife refuge and analyze them from the perspectives of the stakeholders.
I REPEAT- WATCH THE 2 VIDEOS I POSTED TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH SPECIFIC DETAIL YOU HAVE GAINED FROM WATCHING THE VIDEOS. i WILL BE LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC THINGS ONLY FOUND IN THE VIDEOS OIL ON ICE TRAILERAND The risks of Drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
In addition to watching the videos, do some light research on ANWR. Research it from the perspectives of the major stakeholders:
1) The Gwitch’In, the indigenous people of Alaska
2) The Oil Companies
3) Scientists and Environmentalists
4) Alaskan Politicians
ASSIGNMENT : Answer each of the following question-
1) Are EACH the stakeholder groups above for or against drilling for oil? Why?
2) List the overall benefits of drilling for oil?
3) List the negative factors associated with drilling for oil?
4) What type of Federally protected land is ANWR?
5) Personally, What do you think? Should we open ANWR for drilling or not? Why or why not? Be specific and state your reasons clearly.
Please provide two separate files for each assignment.