As your third assignment toward completion of the Session Long Project you are asked to review the paper by A. Mains, A. Coustasse, K. Lykens: Physician Incentives: Managed Care and Ethics and answer the questions below.
- Consider this idea from the paper: “Medicine is a moral enterprise. Because MCOs are involved in the delivery of medical care, they too, are moral entities. However, MCOs are also businesses.”
- Explain the idea that the authors sought to convey.
- Discuss the physician’s dual function under an MCO model of care.
- What concerns do you have about the physician- patient relationship under MCOs?
SLP ASSIGNMENT EXPECTATIONS
- Limit your responses to a maximum of two pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Be sure to utilize at least 3-4 scholarly references to support your discussions.
- Be sure to properly cite your references within the text of your assignment and listed at the end.
- Be sure to apply critical thinking skills to the write-up of your assignment, especially numbers 2, 3, and 4 above.