To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Develop an interview format you would use for an initial interview of a client.
- Attach the interview format document you would use for an initial interview of a client.
- Describe what interview format your preceptor uses for the initial interview of a client.
- Describe which element of your interview format is most helpful in your practice.
To prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review the interactive nurse practitioner (NP) scope of practice law guide in your Learning Resources.
- Review your state regulations and a neighboring state or state in which you would like to practice.
- Reflect on how to approach relocating licensure from one state to another.
- Review certification exam requirements for PMHNPs.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe the PMHNP practice environment for your home state, highlighting restrictions or limitations for practice.
- Compare the PMHNP practice environment in your home state with a neighboring state or a state in which you would like to practice.
- Describe a professional and/or clinical practice issue a new PMHNP will need to consider and address with the certification, licensure, credentialing, or relocation process.
- Develop a checklist for passing the national certification exam, including a detailed timeline that includes academic preparation (study plan), registration, financial preparation, etc.