The areas of provision and reimbursement of health care services have each undergone considerate changes in the past several years, with the following current trends identified as being the most significant contributors to change:
1. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.
2. Bundled payment structure versus fee-for-service payment structure.
3. Accountable Care Organization (ACOs).
4. Technology and Telemedicine.
5. Medicare Advantage Plans.
6. Population health management strategies.
Using appropriate websites as your informational foundations, research these trends and others you may find relevant, and write a 1250-1500 word essay in which you examine the following:
1. Which of the currently identified health care trends overall are already impacting your employer/organization, or an organization in your city/region in your health care field?
2. Which of the currently identified health care trends are specifically impacting your sector of allied health, and why?
3. What emerging health care trends on the horizon may impact your employer/organization and/or your specific allied health sector?
4. Which of the current or emerging trends do you see as most likely to positively impact your specific role and sector in allied health? Which trends are most likely to negatively impact it? (Example: wages, job security, educational requirements, etc.)
5. How will the trends you identify impact safety, risk management, and/or quality improvement policies in your organization/and or an organization in your city/region in your health care field?
A minimum of three qualified resources is required, and they are not to be over 5 years old.