The Importance of Personal Integrity
Assignment: Write a 2-3 page reflective research paper on the importance of personal integrity. Define personal integrity and provide examples of honorable behavior and ethical codes.Consider the role of honesty in personal and professional lives.Provide examples of professional
dishonesty, and the subsequent ramifications to career or personal lives.(Consider public figures like politicians or journalists, for instance.) Reflect on the ways in which engaging in personal integrity and honesty may benefit you personally and professionally. Finally, answer this question:Does honesty matter in today’s world? Support your answer.
Your paper should cover the following topics:
• a definition of personal integrity, honorable behavior, and ethical codes;
• examples of professional dishonesty and the ramifications;
• a reflection on the role of personal integrity in your own life;
• an argument on why/why not honesty matters in today’s world.
Your paper should include the following components:
• Research from reliable and/or scholarly sources(preferably found at the Ashford Library)to define personal integrity and provide examples of professional dishonesty;
• APA formatting, following the APAChecklist at the Ashford Writing Center;
The goal of this paper is for the student to reflect on the role of effective interpersonal communication in every day situations. The paper will be evaluated by the following criteria:
• Paper follows college essay structure components.
• All topics in the assignment prompt receive coverage.
• Appropriate sources are incorporated as supporting evidence.
• The paper is properly formatted according to APA Guidelines.
• The student demonstrates understanding of the importance of personal integrity.
• Evidence of student reflection on his/her effort to understand the role of honesty in today’s world.
Student is encouraged to contact the AshfordWritingCenter at any stage of the writing process.